Melissa Ann Goodwin

Writer, Author, Poet, Dreamer

Saturday, April 25, 2015

V is for Vestibular

So this has nothing whatsoever to do with my theme (which is things related to the book I'm writing), but I had NOTHING for V!

So, instead, I thought I would tell you about my friend Arthur Wooten's book, Dizzy. Arthur suffers from a condition called bilateral vestibulopathy with oscillopsia, which is a lot of big long words but basically means it causes you to be very, very dizzy. And it's no joke - this isn't just a little dizzy, it's quite debilitating.

Arthur, who is an extremely talented author, playwright and humorist, wrote this wonderfully funny and touching novel about a Broadway star who develops this condition. As in all his work, Arthur is able to find the humor in the tragic and his message is always ultimately uplifting.

He wrote the book in part to call attention to this and other vestibular diseases that can cause so much anguish for those who have them. Please check out his book Dizzy and other works on Amazon. Just click on the book title:


BY 
ARTHUR WOOTEN

No comments: